OPHA is a nongovernmental, non- religious, non-political, non-profit and non-military organization, working for development of Afghanistan through implementation of health, community development, capacity development, women and youth empowerment projects in Afghanistan.
The Mission of the OPHA Oregon Public Health Association is to:
Advocate for policies that protect and promote health and health equity for all people in Oregon.
Provide learning, collaboration, and leadership opportunities for public health professionals and the broader
To accomplish this mission, the Association will lead efforts to:
1. Address common public health issues in collaboration with other organizations.
2. Represent public health workers in Oregon.
3. Increase the competence and leadership skills of health workers.
4. Develop, implement and advocate for just health policy at local and state levels and, when appropriate, at
5. Promote consideration of the impact of socioeconomic, societal and environmental factors on the health
6. Promote needed reform and action to assure access to health services for all residents.
7. Promote lifestyle and behavior options that are consistent with healthful living.
SPECIAL INTEREST SECTIONS
OPHA PURPOSE. The purpose of a Special Interest Section, hereafter referred to as a “Section,” is:
a. To create a forum for persons with common professional or topical interests.
b. To increase Association membership and professional diversity.
c. To provide a focus on specific public health related activities and promote related public health issues.
d. To serve as a resource to the Association related to knowledge, research, education, advocacy, policy, and
awareness of the Section’s special interest.
e. To support and conduct activities consistent with the purpose and mission of the Association and of the
American Public Health Association.
In the event that the Association is dissolved, exclusive of simple Association name changes, all assets of the
Association shall be distributed to one or more private nonprofit health service agencies and/or associations
registered in Oregon. The distribution of assets shall follow full settlement of accounts payable and other
encumbrances that may exist, and shall be performed in accordance with applicable laws. Designation of
recipients for Association assets shall be accomplished by vote of the Board.SEEMORE
Agency Coordinating Board for Afghan Applicants to Relief (Acbaar) Jobs is Afghanistan’s first one-stop web portal for employers and jobseekers to connect and network within the site’s comprehensive databased